- Visit the local businesses and farms
- Tasting the local delicacies
- Small dinner with mezes
- All taxes, VAT & Insurance
- Booking fees
- English-speaking world traveller and local expert
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel for Chios Town, Karfas, Kampos
- If you have food allergies or special dietary requirements, let us know in advance
- Any additional personal purchases, extra food or drinks
- Tips & Gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
What do I need to bring?
- Photoshooting equipment
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before event
The name “Kampos” (“campus” in Latin) is found in travellers’ accounts since 1673, and it means valley in Greek. Kampos is a protected area by the Greek Ministry of Culture as a historic site and traditional settlement. During our, Kampos Food Tour we visit a traditional mansion and see what’s hidden behind the walls while enjoying a Greek coffee with traditional delicacies at a famous citrus grove.
We continue to a mansion built in the late 17th century and learn all the secrets of how to make Greek sweets from fresh fruits, and we taste the handmade marmalades of the family-run local business.
As we drive through the Kampos narrow streets, we end up at one of the first microbreweries on Greece and the only of Chios. Remember, you will taste a secret beer that is only produced on Chios!
We now move to the outskirts of Kampos where labours used to live. We visit 2 unique farms, and we meet the owners who share their story and the uniqueness of their products.
Our tour ends with a dinner at the most picturesque tavern of the island where we enjoy a view of Kampos, the Chios strait and Turkey.
Note: Pick-up starts 10 minute(s) before departure.
We offer pick-up to the following places for this experience: