Heraklion is the largest wine region of Crete where the majority of wineries are situated. Explore the wonderful world of Crete’s indigenous grapes and the region’s beautiful vineyards, ancient wine presses and hidden Byzantine churches.Visit two Cretan wineries and savor their delicious wines to professional commentary, paired with Cretan food.
- Food & drinks
- Entry or admission fee
- Visit two wineries and two vineyards
- 8 to 10 wines to taste
- Farm to table Lunch with wine pairing
- Visit ancient presses and/or Byzantine chapels
- WSET Diploma level sommelier and guide
- Complimentary refreshments in the car
- Sightseeing in Heraklion’s wine country
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- What do I need to bring?
- Hat, suncream and sunglasses for summer, comfortable shoes/boots and warm clothes for winter.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
Wineries & Ancient Presses
We start our escape with a wine tasting under the olive tree in the picturesque vineyards of Lyrarakis. Their full range is on offer for tasting along with a show and tell around the property.
We’ll also be visiting hidden gems in and around the area such as Byzantine churches and historical monuments.
Lunch and Biodynamic wine pairing
Next, we visit the Paterianakis sisters to explore their winery, taste their low intervention biodynamic wines and sit down for a lunch with wine pairing.
Note: Pick-up starts 10 minute(s) before departure.
We offer pick-up to the following places for this experience:
Custom Pick Up
Crete Wine Escapes Office
Near Kriti Hotel in Chania
Parking of GDM Megaron Hotel
Talos Square parking