During our Chios Herbs Tour we will visit a small organic farm and you will have the chance to meet Argyro, a young woman who inherited the land from her parents and had the vision of growing herbs. A one-of-a-kind experience you can only find in Chios, whether it’s the perfect cap to your weekend getaway, a unique treasure to complement your time in Chios island, or a special treat for longtime residents.
The visit to Argyro’s farm allows you to familiarise with a huge variety of typical plants of the Mediterranean scrub, a thick and bushy vegetation growing in the coastal areas of Southern Europe dense with flowers, berries and aromatic leaves. You will learn about the multiple uses of the herbs that locals have been making for centuries. You will walk through the farm, deepen your understanding and appreciation for the many ways we can and have used herbs in our daily lives, you’ll see, smell, touch (and sometimes taste!) the seasonal local herbs.
To make your tour special, you’ll take home with you a herbal product, as reminder of your experience which you can enjoy long after.
- a herbal product to take home with you
- English-speaking local expert
- All taxes, VAT & Insurance
- Booking fees
- If you have any allergies, let us know in advance
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Any additional personal purchases, extra food or drinks
- Tips & Gratuities
What do I need to bring?
- Sunglasses and a hat for the sunny days
- Comfortable shoes
- Sunscreen or umbrella depending on the weather
- Mosquito repellant